Just as we reached peak Cherry Blossom in The Garden of Re-Imagination, our beautiful old Cherry Tree pitched over & into the pond! We hope your Cherry Tree (if you have one) doesn’t suffer the same fate, but with the blossom so fleeting it’s wonderful to capture an essence of it for enjoying over the coming weeks & months as a delicious cordial. Cherry Blossom tastes wonderfully almondy, perfect for adding a frangipane flavour to cakes, bakes & drinks. This recipe has been crafted for us by amazingly talented Chef Ms. Amandine Faligant who we’re very excited to be collaborating with on some really special feast events for Summer 2022. Keep an eye out on our social media & our experiences page for details of these.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED..
Makes 1 litre (approx)
- 500g Water
- 500g Sugar
- 100g Cherry Blossom (Make sure no stalks or leaves)
WHAT TO DO WITH IT ALL..
- Add the water & sugar to a saucepan & bring to the boil until syrupy consistency (105 Deg C)
- Add the Cherry Blossom to a large bowl & then pour over the hot syrup & leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Filter the liquid through a jelly bag, muslin or a clean cloth into a jug or bowl to remove the flowers.
- Decant into sterlised bottles & store in the fridge.
AMANDINES SERVING SUGGESTIONS..
- Serve with sparkling water & ice for a refreshing Summer drink!
- Use to marinade berries of all sorts
- Drizzle over yogurt, fruit & toasted almonds for a delicious breakfast
- Use as a base for Cherry Blossom ice cream
- Drizzle over an apple tart halfway through baking for a gorgeous caramelized top
When collecting Cherry Blossom, make sure to follow these sustainable foraging guidelines. We hope you enjoy foraging for & making our Cherry Blossom Cordial!