This Summer we’re setting our guests & visitors a challenge!
Spend 10 minutes (or more) doing a beach clean along the Wild Atlantic Way & get 10% off your accommodation or experience with us!*
We’re passionate about breathing new life in our local landscapes. To date our efforts have been mainly focused on the land but the blue spaces on our doorstep – Rivers, Lakes & the Sea are equally important. We’ve teamed up with Clean Coasts to launch our Sea Plastics Project to help tackle rubbish along the Wild Atlantic Way – home to us & you during your stay. We want to empower our guests to move beyond ‘leave no trace’ to leaving these beautiful blues spaces in a better condition after their visit.
So how does it work?
- Collect a beach clean kit from us. Includes a vest, gloves & 2 x bags supplied by Clean Coasts.
- Stick your kit in your bag & whenever you find a beach/lake or river, get stuck into your 10min beach clean (can get stuck in for longer if you want to!) IMPORTANT: Make sure to separate clean & dirty material into separate bags.
- Return your filled bags, vest & gloves to us for re-use/disposal.
- We’ll then refund you 10% of the cost of your stay or experience (see T&C’s below).
Don’t have time?
We’ll donate your 10% contribution two ways..
1. To a local artist to transform the (clean) waste collected into a piece of functional art to be showcased in The Garden of Re-Imagination.
2. To the local grassroots campaign group ‘Bantry Bay – Protect our Native Kelp Forest’
*Terms & Conditions
- 10% discount will be applied as a refund on existing bookings only. Can be applied to either a stay in The Botanical B&B or The Botanical Bell Tent or any of our Friday or Saturday Garden Tours. Excludes special events.
- 10% discount cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for any other products or services.
- 10% discount redeemable only for stays & experiences completed between 27th May & 3rd Sept 2023.
- Two Green Shoots cannot be help responsible for injuries of any sort to participants while completing beach cleans. It is the responsibility of all participating guests & visitors to ensure they stay safe while completing a beach clean. (I.e. check tides or flood risk, don’t go near any sharps, or other hazardous matter) Recommended that hands are washed thoroughly afterwards.
- Participants MUST sort waste into two bags as it’s being collected – one dirty/soiled waste (this will be responsibly disposed of by us) & one clean dry waste bag (this will be upcycled into a piece of functional art).
- All waste collected to be brought back to Two Green Shoots for disposal / storage as appropriate.
- Two Green Shoots will have the final say on whether participants are eligible for the 10% discount.
- Any queries about this Sea Plastics Project contact the team on email@example.com