We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
We declare a climate emergency & so have committed to the following five actions as set out by Tourism Declares:
- Developing a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 2 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
- Sharing an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
- Accepting current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
- Encouraging our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community.
- Advocating for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Our Climate Emergency Plan which will be published in the coming weeks will outline the clear actions our business is & will be taking to tackle climate change in every aspect of the work we do. This plan will cover not only the tourism branch of our business, but all services from garden design, events, workshops & products. Do keep an eye on our blog page or our social media pages for its release.
We declare a climate emergency & so can you! If you are a tourism business interested in signing this declaration too & receiving support from Tourism Declares, visit their website for all the details here.